The governing body plays an important strategic role by giving direction and focus on the governance of the school. Their role is to govern rather than manage the school.
The full governing body meets at least twice a term and also has a number of committees who discuss issues in greater detail and report back to the main meetings. There are three main committees covering Finance & Premises, Teaching & Learning and Ethos. There is also a panel for Pay, Personnel panel and Holiday Request who meet when the need arises.
Please click here for more information on the role of the governing body.
All our governors are voluntary and there are currently 11 members. They are fully committed to the role and undertake a wide range of tasks which include:
- Promoting high standards of education
- Planning the school’s long-term future
- Overseeing the school’s aims, values and ethos
- Ensuring proper financial management of the school
- Appointing staff, including the headteacher
- Communicating openly with parents, the local community and the local education authority
- Supporting the school